I am a CS PhD student at Yale University supervised by Prof. Dragomir Radev.
I completed my B.Eng Computer Science degree in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore where I worked with Prof. Shafiq Rayhan Joty on text summarization and text generation.
At NTU, I was awarded the Best Final Year Thesis Gold Medal.
- Straight to the Gradient: Learning to Use Novel Tokens for Neural Text Generation
Xiang Lin, Simeng Han, Shafiq Joty
- Improving Zero and Few-Shot Abstractive Summarization with Intermediate Fine-tuning and Data Augmentation
Alexander Fabbri, Simeng Han, Haoyuan Li, Haoran Li, Marjan Ghazvininejad, Shafiq Joty, Dragomir Radev, Yashar Mehdad
- Resurrecting Submodularity for Neural Text Generation
Simeng Han*, Xiang Lin* and Shafiq Joty
- Hierarchical Pointer Net Parsing
Linlin Liu*, Xiang Lin*, Shafiq Joty, Simeng Han, and Lidong Bing
- 3/2019 - current: Research Assistant under Shafiq Rayhan Joty
- 5/2020 - 11/2020: Research Intern (WFH) under Dragomir Radev
- Terrainier NUS Hackathon Top-8
- Climate Oracle Yale-NUS hack4climate Datathon 2nd Place in the Data Science Category
- Blinkception NTU Hackathon 2nd Prize
- National Physics Olympiad Second Prize, China.